IBP Recruitment have the pleasure of recruiting for a Commis Chef for our exclusive client. As Commis your job is to provide a professional food preparation service, assisting in all sections of the kitchen, under supervision of Section Chefs.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- To be aware of all food safety policy requirements relevant to your section and work to these at all times.
- To understand the company standards and procedures for your department and to work to these standards at all times.
- To ensure all food preparation areas, crockery, cutlery and equipment are clean, safe and hygienic to company and food regulation standards at all times.
- To prepare and serve all foods to the agreed specifications ensuring member's satisfaction and up to the standards required by the company.
- To be responsible for dispensing and security of all commodities in the kitchen.
- To work towards achieving agreed objectives and targets.
- To make operating decisions relation to your section on a day-to-day basis in conjunction with the senior chef on duty.
- To assist with any duties usually carried out by other members of the kitchen team where necessary due to volume of work, absence or sickness etc, to ensure efficient running of the department.
- To carry out any reasonable instruction as directed by senior members of staff.
- To assist in ensuring that your department operates efficiently and meets or exceeds Members satisfaction.
- To be dressed in accordance with Company guidelines, maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- To continuously communicate with senior chefs and management with regard to all work.
- To highlight any problems regarding health and safety to a senior member of staff without delay.
- To liaise with relevant departments with regard to the efficient operation of your section.
- To minimise the abuse and wastage of working plant and to report any equipment or premises damage to maintenance/senior members of staff.
- To maintain satisfactory security of all company assets, cash, stock, equipment, fixtures and premises.
- To recommend improvements to senior members of staff.
- To adhere to all company and statutory requirements regarding fire, health and safety, and hygiene.
- To adhere to the Club's policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Handbook.
- To participate in external/internal training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your manager.
- To maintain a good working relationship with peers and management.
- To give full co-operation to any customer requiring assistance, with a prompt, courteous and professional attitude.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.