IBP Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Programme Manager.
The successful candidate will work alongside the operational team to ensure the profitability and all financial aspects during the lifecycle of the projects.
As part of the Operational Team, you will act as counterpart to the Civils Programme Management Team and be in close interaction with the other project team members and stakeholders to ensure successful project execution.
You will be responsible to contribute to an optimal project control system and ensure true and fair project reporting, together with the Operations Manager, towards project stakeholders.
Working for the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the civil engineering section of the project, completion of all commercial related matters.
Supporting Programme Managers in all other areas with the objective of executing the project according to the defined Operational Management standards, customer requirements and internal stakeholders.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Supports the OM in managing and optimising targeted financial results (e.g. project GP, assets, sub-contractor submissions & invoicing).
- Assists the OM in identifying, evaluating, assessing risk & opportunities, strategies and response activities and ensures correct methodologies are adhered.
- Ensures the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project records.
- Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the data.
- Identifies change and administers the contract terms to ensure timely submission and agreement of variations and claims.
- Ensuring timely applications for payment from the customer are made.
- Actively performs asset management, initiates invoicing according to project progress and contractual terms and ensure proper payment allocation.
- Supports the OM in identifying, minimising non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into the project and general organisation.
- Leads site-based Quantity Surveyor duties, acting in accordance with the business conduct and establishes a culture of trust.
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders i.e. SMT, HR, HSEQ, customers, suppliers, sub-contractors
- Actively gathers information on customer strategies, requirements and targets regarding commercial aspects.
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Final account negotiation
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (or working towards) would be advantageous (RICS/CICES)
- Significant experience in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- Ideally having in depth knowledge of telecoms civil engineering
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do' attitude
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple forms of contract and methods of measuremen
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.