We are recruiting for a Commercial Lead (QS) based in the Newcastle area but with some travel across the UK to other operational locations.
You will be responsible for ensuring the commercial position of the business is protected and maximised at all times, along with maintaining an appropriate level of control and governance across the department which you are assigned.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with great career progression.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with our client base along with promoting the business within the industry
- Support the Commercial and Operational delivery team.
- Ensuring all Contracts are executed correctly, adherence to specific contract measures - Including supporting field managers of client expectations.
- Ensure all DFE's/compensation events are captured and claimed from the clients using CEMAR system.
- Interface with Commercial finance and the application teams.
- Interpretation of client rates and methods of measurement.
- Final account settlements for clients and subcontractors alike
- Managing contractual disputes with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial negotiations with clients and subcontractors to ensure the businesses commercial position is maximised
- Work alongside the Finance team to ensure complete transparency of trading position
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with a variety of framework contracts and in particular NEC 3 and/or 4 is required.
- Good Commercial awareness within a utility industry
- Both pre and post tender experience in large scale framework contracts
- Negotiations with clients and subcontractors on contractual T&C's ensuring commercial risk is minimises and benefit maximised
- The management of contractual disputes
- Highway and Civils experience
- Estimating experience and the production of a contract schedule of rates
- Knowledge of NRSWA
- Cost to complete models on project work
- Stakeholder management
- Analytical, Spreadsheet & Reporting Skills
- Risk Management
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.