IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist in the Abingdon area for our client, who specialises in lean manufacturing, supply chain management and precision engineering to provide total manufacturing solutions.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Programming, setting and operating CNC Lathes / Mills
- Reading and interpreting from engineering drawings to enable programming, setting and manufacture to achieve a right first time product.
- Creating layout sheets to document tooling, tools, set ups and machine parameters to achieve repeatable results by self or others.
- Ability to work by self to achieve exceptional high standards and deadlines.
- Able to qualify and document own work using a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability and willingness to support and train others.
- To work safely using the appropriate PPE and maintain a safe and organised work place.
- To continuously improve and provide time / cost saving ideas to supervisor wherever possible.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship would be preferred but not entirely necessary,
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years programming and operating 3, 4 & 5 Axis CNC machines,
- Must be proficient in either or both advanced Fanuc (ISO), Heidenhain controls, - knowledge of Mazak and other systems would be advantageous too,
- Previous experience in large machining and the following machines will be of benefit Boko, Doosan Puma, VTL and VTC,
- Trained in overhead crane training & manual handling beneficial but not essential as training can be provided,
- Good communication skills are essential,
- Reliable, loyal, friendly and approachable,
- Able to flex and support an ever changing business
- Strong work ethics
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.