IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Civils Supervisor based in the East Yorkshire area.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in the telecommunications industry and has supervised operational Construction teams previously.
Duties include working with the contractors to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver an outstanding level of service whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
This role would suit an experienced highways inspector or Construction Agent from the Telecoms or Utility sector.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Regular reviews of project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance.
- Challenging the Management team to ensure the most efficient and cost effective approach is used to deliver outstanding projects.
- Promoting Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting..
- Strong leadership with employees on site with a key focus on driving production and performance.
- Efficient communication and engagement with the Management team.
- Quality Assurance.
- Control of site environmental issues.
- Development of strong team working relationships.
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and SLA`s are achieved.
- Uploading documents to Company systems as and when necessary in line with business requirements.
- Developing accurate programmes for weekly updates.
- Ensuring compliance to procedures through weekly/monthly reports.
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site.
- Ownership of projects, costs, programmes, documentations, site activities and procurement.
- Weekly submission of information including timesheets, material sheets and plant & site checklist.
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings.
- Live quality and NRSWA compliance audits.
- Post quality and financial audits to ensure a good quality is maintained and to sign off final measures for invoicing purposes.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Minimum of two years' experience working within the Telecoms or Utilities industry preferably at a Supervisor or Highways Inspector level.
- Must have NRSWA Accreditation / CSCS qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of NRSWA, SROH, Notices and Permits.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Good organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Have good IT skills.
- Full driving licence.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.