We currently have an exciting new opportunity for field-based Civils Supervisors, based in the Newcastle area.
You will be responsible for overseeing all field activities and staff to ensure that production, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Principal duties include working with the client to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective approach is used to deliver an outstanding level of service whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and quality.
With assistance from the Management team you will also demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each scheme.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Regular reviews of project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance
- Challenging the Management team to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective approach is used to deliver outstanding projects
- Promoting Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
- Strong leadership with employees on site with a key focus on driving production and performance
- Efficient communication and engagement with the Management team
- Quality Assurance
- Control of site environmental issues
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and SLA`s are achieved
- Uploading documents to Company systems as and when necessary in line with business requirements
- Developing accurate programmes for weekly updates
- Ensuring compliance to procedures through weekly/monthly reports
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Ownership of projects, costs, programmes, documentations, site activities and procurement
- Weekly submission of information including timesheets, material sheets and plant & site checklist
- Collation of data, including scheme drawings of layout, sections and construction details, as-build drawings
- Operative's Appraisals
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have good IT skills
- NRSWA Level 10 very desirable
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.