We are recruiting Ciena Network Engineers to work throughout the UK with installation, commissioning and decommissioning experience.
If you have experience of core Optical, Fibre, TX, Transmission networks with knowledge of Ciena 6500, Nokia, Huawei or Cisco vendor equipment, please get in touch, we are keen to speak with you.
We are recruiting across all knowledge and experience levels as necessary training can be provided so we welcome applications from all levels.
This an exciting new opportunity to work for a leading telecommunications company with great career progression.
Salary up to £50K plus company vehicle and benefits.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Installation, decommissioning & commissioning of WDM hardware.
- Support ticket handling within SLA requirements.
- Identifying customer faults and escalating to the vendor when necessary.
- Ensuring all cases are resolved and support tickets are closed within the agreed SLA.
- Documenting the root cause analysis report and provide to the relevant parties.
- Collating health check analysis, reporting any issues and suggest remedies.
- Producing detailed reports and coordinating customer meetings.
- Providing on-site support and maintenance.
- Travel across the UK will be necessary.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Technical knowledge and support experience of WDM & Ciena 6500.
- WDM experience with Nokia, Huawei etc would be desirable.
- Measurement and troubleshooting experience in fibre.
- Microwave technology is preferable.
- Experience of L2 and L3 technologies (STP, dot.1q, LAG, LACP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP etc) is an advantage.
- CCNA or CCNP Certification is desirable.
- Strong communication skills both at an individual and team level.
- Full UK driving licence.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.