IBP Recruitment are looking for a Chief Inspector in the Surrey area for our client, who are a forerunner in provision of bespoke, innovative, space-constrained, high performance electromechanical/mechatronic solutions.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Production Engineering to understand new products, how they are to be manufactured and inspected. Put in place the necessary controls
- Ensuring good housekeeping is disciplined
- Conduct initial review and establish disposition for internal manufacturing nonconforming products
- Attend MRBs to review and process non-conforming product (internal, supplier and Customer returns)
- Inspect parts, CMM or manual methods
- Write or amend CMM programmes
- Ensuring all documentation and reports are maintained and completed accurately and efficiently
- Maintain acceptance requirements of products to ensure product can be delivered direct to customer Right First Time, every time.
- Ensure Final inspection times are maintained at an acceptable level
- Support production in providing detail of parts as required to ensure priorities are addressed and the customers' delivery requirements and company delivery promises are achieved
- Ensure that any rework activities required are expedited efficiently and effectively to minimise any disruption to delivery schedules
- Ensure KPI targets are achieved and maintained and enhanced regularly to improve the department
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills, characteristics and experience:
- Full apprenticeship/time served in machining, or relevant skills applicable to the role
- Previous experience of inspecting parts within the aerospace industry
- Working knowledge of CMM software to create basic programmes for inspection of simple features and dimensions including dimensional relationships of features.
- Strong skills in drawing interpretation
- Strong PC Skills
- The ability to investigate manufacturing processes and suggest improvement actions
- Understanding CMM Best practice techniques
- Strong manual inspection capabilities
- Create programs from CAD Models (desirable)
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.