IBP Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeping Manager who can demonstrate current, relevant experience working as a bookkeeping manager/supervisor from a practice accountancy background. Ideally you will be fully AAT qualified however they will consider those candidates who are "qualified by experience". Further qualifications would be an advantage to candidates.
Applicants must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Sage 50 and Xero and must possess good attention to detail. You will be responsible for driving and monitoring the activities of the bookkeeping team as well as carrying out the following key areas within bookkeeping:
You will be working for a professional accountancy practice as part of the Accounts & Bookkeeping Team. As a firm they have an excellent reputation with their clients across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and further afield. With a proven record for supporting staff development and progression, they offer long term opportunities for those that are career focused individuals.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that the bookkeeping team meet all their targets and deadlines
- Preparation and review of bookkeeping records from the source documents supplied
- Preparation and review of management accounts for presentation to clients
- Compilation of year end accounts for companies and sole traders
- Compilation and submission of VAT returns
- Compilation and submission of CIS returns
- General bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients as required
- Responsible for liaising with new clients and the setting up of bookkeeping systems
- Regular liaison with the accounts team and senior managers
- Corresponding with HMRC on registration processes and dealing with queries
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Current experience working as a Manager/Supervisor
- Demonstrate recent experience of looking after your own client base and managing team workload
- Either Qualified by Experience or hold a formal qualification such as AAT Level 4 (overseas equivalent qualifications will be considered)
- Must be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and be process driven. Possess a 'can do' attitude and retain a sense of humour when under pressure
- Demonstrate recent experience of VAT legislation
- Possess a good understanding of CIS legislation
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Sage Line 50, Xero, Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- As well as supervise, be able to work as part of the team whilst taking ownership of your own workload
- Ability and willingness to travel between two of our offices and to represent the company (must be car owner & mileage allowance will be paid)
- Be at ease with client facing work
- From a Practice Accountancy background or dealing with a range of bookkeeping clients
- Flexible with working hours to accommodate periods of high workload
- Possess good knowledge of personal and business tax legislation
- Knowledge of Cloud based software
- Process driven with innovative inputs into improvements
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.