IBP Recruitment are looking for an Assistant Production Manager for our client, who are a bespoke designer & manufacturer based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. This role would suit an experienced Production Supervisor or Team Leader that is looking for a route into a management role. This role is a Permanent position and you would be joining our client at a time of massive growth with exciting plans for 2018.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the work area is kept safe
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring quality standards are improved and maintained
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are met
- Planning and organising production schedules
- Ensuring timely ordering of material and equipment to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- Accurate recording of payments
- Supervising the work of junior members of staff where necessary
- Organising training sessions for junior members of staff where necessary
- Maintaining catalogue of templates
- Contributing to the creative direction of the company
- Maintaining all factory equipment, ordering repairs and replacements where necessary
- Assisting on site teams when necessary
- Ensuring vehicles are correctly and safely loaded
- Ensuring communications with clients and suppliers is polite and friendly at all times.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Previous supervisory experience within a production environment
- The will to work both in the workshop and on site at various sites across the UK.
- Previous experience in Joinery/Carpentry is advantageous but not essential
- A high attention to detail and a perfectionist attitude to their work.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.