IBP are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant on a Fixed Term Contract. The Assistant Management Accountant will have previous experience in working in an accounts team and finished their AAT or be at early stages of studying towards CIMA/ACCA. Strong IT skills, in particular Excel are desirable, i.e. lookups, pivot tables etc. Previous experience using Sage 50 or a similar accounting system would be an advantage but isn’t necessary as on the job training will be provided.
The role is offered on fixed term basis for 6 months. The role is based in Bristol with flexible arrangements for working from home once you have settled into the role.
The Assistant Management Accountant would assist with the preparation of month end reporting and other ad-hoc support to the Management Accountant and Head of Finance.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Management Accounts
- Assist with producing Management Accounts to a strict timetable each month
- Preparation of monthly journals
- Recording and reporting on all Fixed Asset movements, including additions and disposals.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting
- Draft balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of weekly cashflow forecast
- Debtor & Creditor monthly reviews.
- Overheads – analyse and follow up on queries including monthly IT recharge
- Expenses – checking for accuracy and completeness
- Sales ledger – assist with large projects billing
- Agreeing intercompany balances
- Assist with VAT preparation
- Ad hoc reporting
- Assist with analysis and management of aged debt and aged creditors
- Ad hoc cover for other members of the team during busy periods and holidays
The Ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong Analytical skills
- A good understanding of double-entry book-keeping, balance sheets and general ledgers
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Process Driven
- Organised and accurate
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work unsupervised when needed
- Flexible and enjoy working in a team environment
- Ability to ‘step up’ when required
- Desire for continuous improvementacross all areas of responsibility
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.