IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced Assembly & Weld Team Leader in the Abingdon area for our client, who are a manufacturer of parts for various industries through many CNC methods.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all assembly and welding operations to ensure they meet the agreed productions plans,
- Identify and implement quality improvement programs to improve the cost effectiveness of the process,
- Liaise with all relevant departments to ensure OTIF is met,
- Liaise with Planning department to maximize utilisation of all resources to meet customer demand and maintain zero arrears,
- Manage new product introduction along with relevant departments,
- Provide, as needed "hands-on" cover on assembly / welding tasks in order to ensure demand is met,
- Actively lead continuous improvement activities; product efficiency, reduction of operating costs, safety, 5S, as determined by the Company,
- Manage and lead all assembly and welding staff, to ensure they are appropriately motivated, trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard,
- Develop, and maintain the skill-set of the team aligned to the person, product, process and Company,
- Manage performance reviews, training, job allocation and assist in recruitment for the team,
- Daily check and constantly maintain a SAFE operational environment, reporting accidents/near misses to line management as they occur. Identify and deliver appropriate preventative action(s),
- Actively carry out Risk Assessments and ensure PPE is worn by the team correctly at all times,
- Assist the HSE team as required and if necessary participate in meetings,
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Apprenticeship served or other formal qualification within mechanical engineering,
- Qualified time served welder, welding to the highest standard in a production environment
- Qualifications and experience within lean manufacturing,
- Have a strong engineering background,
- Demonstrate "man management" skills,
- Can - do attitude and flexible approach, strong work ethics essential.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.