IBP Recruitment are looking for an Assembly Technician for our client who are a precision Engineering company in Abingdon. This role is a Permanent position and you would be joining our client at a time of massive growth with exciting plans for 2018.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- To carry out assembly operations utilizing the approved tools / equipment, as directed by the Team Leader, in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with the Technical Assembly Data criteria.
- To assist where necessary in the formation of the Technical Assembly Data for current and / or future projects. When required, collate said data in a recognized and approved format (SOP); individually or in conjunction with engineering personnel.
- Individually or in conjunction with engineering manufacture, or assist in the manufacture of, any tooling necessary to fulfill the assembly criteria of any current or future project.
- To be totally responsible for the quality of own work, carry out defined quality procedures and report any concerns (no matter how slight) direct to the Team Leader (TL) and/ or defined Quality personnel.
- To carry out defined routine and minor maintenance of defined/ designated equipment including good housekeeping within the assembly department.
- To be proactive in continuous improvement ideas to enhance Safety in the environment, product Quality and Delivery and reduce Cost, reporting by such issues to the TL.
- At the end of each manufacturing sequence, transfer the completed items to the next defined location, ensuring any additional information is captured on the route card and subsequently notifying the TL of the need for the next task.
- Store defined products, ensuring locations are accurately maintained both physically and on Paragon, consistently operating a 'perpetual stock-take' mindset; reporting all discrepancies to the company nominated person(s).
- As required, issue parts to the point of use to the defined Assembly location, completing all necessary electronic transactions.
- When requested, final clean and pack products for dispatch, ensuring 'close-out' of the associated works order.
- As required and when trained accordingly operate a fork lift truck.
- Periodically drive the van to deliver products to SMT Kanban site, as requested
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous Assembly/Logistics experience
- A desire to succeed
- A flexible approach to work
- Full clean UK driving license. ?
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.