IBP Recruitment are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated accounts assistant to join our clients small but rapidly growing accounting department in a small and rapidly growing business. Initially this position will involve a high degree of accounts payable work but not exclusively. This role requires a positive person who can work well in a busy office environment, can cover many areas, do what needs to be done, and contribute to the overall success of Conrad Energy.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Review and verify PO's, invoices and approvals
- Prepare invoices up for payment
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files including setting up new suppliers
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assist with month end closing
- Accruals and prepayment
- Preparation of sales invoices
- Assist with VAT and ONS returns
- Other tasks as require
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures (AP in particular)
- Knowledge of accounting software (Sage desirable)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail
- Positive communicator, internal and external
- Microsoft Excel
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.