IBP Recruitment are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, you will be working within a dynamic team responsible for the provision of accounting and bookkeeping services to our clients. This is a superb opportunity for ambitious accounting professionals looking to advance their career, as there are good prospects for progression and further development. You will be working for a highly successful accountancy & consulting practice within Calne As a firm they have an excellent reputation with thier clients across Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and further afield. You will be ensuring that deadlines are met for clients as well as looking for opportunities to demonstrate the high service level we offer. A competitive salary as well as support for further training & development will be available for the right candidate.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing the annual accounts up to trial balance from the source documents supplied
- Preparing management accounts for presentation to clients
- Compilation and submission of VAT returns in a timely manner
- Compilation and submission of CIS returns
- Undertaking general bookkeeper duties of behalf of clients
- Developing long-term relationships with your own client base; identifying ways of improving service levels.
- Providing assistance to other team members and taking part in developing trainees.
- Please note that this role is not suitable for those wishing to start their career in accountancy.
The Ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience of working within either within either an Accountancy Practice or commercial role as an Accounts Assistant
- That you are AAT qualified
- Current relevant knowledge of VAT & CIS legislation.
- Able to prepare annual accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders.
- Knowledge of personal tax legislation.
- Able to prepare monthly management accounts.
- Proficient in the use of the full MS Office package (particularly Excel); Sage 50 Accounts; QuickBooks, with
- good attention to detail. Knowledge of cloud based software is desirable (e.g. Xero)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must have a full driving licence and access to their own transport, as this role requires visiting clients at their premises.
- We also ask for flexibility during working hours in peak periods.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.